STINT, The Knowledge Foundation, The Swedish Foundation for Strategic Environmental Research, The Swedish Foundation for Strategic Research, and The Foundation for Baltic and East European Studies were all founded 25 years ago.
At the same time, Riksbankens Jubileumsfond received a capital injection. These foundations have contributed to Swedish research excellence, innovation and growth.
In connection with our celebrations, Klas Eklund has written the anniversary brochure (in Swedish) The foundations at a quarter century: A dizzying ride from employee funds to research funding that describes the foundations’ shared history.
Watch the broadcast in retrospect (below, mainly in Swedish)
- Introduction and Welcome Patrik Hadenius and Anna Wetterbom
- [in English] The role of foundations in a changing world. Philomena Gibbons, Deputy Director, Wellcome Trust [startar ca 19:20]
- The foundations at a quarter century: A dizzying ride from employee funds to research funding. Klas Eklund, Senior Economist, Mannheimer Swartling, and former board member of Mistra [ca 57:30]
- What mandate do the foundations actually have? Katarina Olsson, expert on foundations, Professor of Law at Lund University [ca 01:32:05]
- What can we expect from the foundations in the future? Panel with the Executive Directors Andreas Göthenberg (STINT), Lars Haikola (Östersjöstiftelsen), Marika Hedin (RJ), Lars Hultman (SSF), Åke Iverfeldt (Mistra) and Eva Schelin (KK-stiftelsen) [ca 02:03:00]
The film below shows some examples of projects funded by the various foundations (in Swedish).